News & EventsPSR and the Shipper Impact Will Be Focus At Midwest Association of Rail Shippers Meeting « Back to Search Results
July 15–16 Summer Meeting to be held in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
CHICAGO—June 27, 2019 (James Street Media Services) — Freight rail shippers concerned about the impacts of precision scheduled railroading (PSR) will gather
July 15–16 for the annual Summer Meeting of the Midwest Association of Rail Shippers (MARS).
“The biggest wild card for rail shippers and receivers today is the effect of PSR,” MARS President Tom Surma said. “On top of that, as railroads shift to the PSR model, the onus of railcar ownership and storage is falling to the shipper.”
The MARS Summer Meeting will be held at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
It will feature key transportation executives and experts, including:
- James Squires, chairman, president & CEO, Norfolk Southern;
- John Murphy, senior vice president international policy, US Chamber of Commerce;
- Patrick Fuchs, vice chairman, Surface Transportation Board;
- Tim Quinlan, director and senior economist, Wells Fargo Securities;
- Clarence Gooden, past president of CSXT and currently director of Universal Logistics Holdings;
- Matt Wallin, vice president, GATX;
- Eric Jakubowski, chief commercial officer, Anacostia Rail Holdings; and
- a panel discussion of PSR impacts featuring — Rob Cook, senior manager, Rail Operations, Bunge, Inc.; Bruce Ridley, vice president, Packaging Corporation of America; and Gail Wernette, manager, Rail Rates, Nutrien.
The MARS semiannual meetings include speakers, presentations, and panels focusing on current issues facing the freight rail industry. MARS also provides a forum to educate and inform in the areas of railroad operating practices, new innovations in transportation, and legislative matters.
The Summer Meeting schedule on Monday, July 15, includes the annual Scholarship Golf Outing, a reception, and a networking buffet dinner. The business meeting is scheduled for a full day on Tuesday, July 16.
Monday and Tuesday, July 15–16, 201
Grand Geneva Resort
7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
(800) 558-3417, ext. 5179
Members $325; Non-members $350
Advance reservations are required for the conference and golf outing. For information or to register:
The Midwest Association of Rail Shippers (MARS) is one of five regional North American associations under the North American Rail Shippers (NARS) national organization. Headquartered in the Chicago area, MARS provides an open forum for discussion and resolution of rail transportation issues by bringing railroads, shippers, receivers, and rail supply companies together twice annually for formal meetings in the Chicago area. To review the most recent meeting presentations and to inquire about MARS membership, please visit the MARS website at www.mwrailshippers.com.
James Street Associates